News and events in media and communication
Uppsala University Media and Communications continuously hosts a number of regular, research-related events as well as organises a number of workshops, conferences and symposia.
Our regular events include:
- Media and Communications Research Seminars – including presentations of staff research and guest researchers as well as workshops on work in progress on publications and projects.
- Lectures organised within the DIGMEX Research Network covering topics related to digital media and existential issues
- Lectures organised by Media and Communications within the Informatics and Media Distinguished Lecture Series
Our forthcoming workshops, conferences and symposia:
Past workshops, conferences and symposia:
- International Conference Digital Existence III: Living with Automation organised by Media and Communications staff within Uppsala Informatics and Media Hub for Digital Existence
- MCS@UU 50 years - celebrating 50 years of education and research in media, communication and journalism, 1 June 2021
- International Symposium Journalism, Media and the Normalization of (Right-Wing) Populism and Nativist Authoritarianism (4-5 February 2021) co-organised by Uppsala University Media and Communications and School of Journalism, Media and Communication, University of Gothenburg
Media and communications research seminars
The seminars usually take place on Fridays at 13:15-14:45 CET (in H429 Faculty club and on Zoom).
2021-03-12: Alexandra Brankova, Department of Informatics and Media / Institute for Russian and Eurasian Studies, Uppsala University. “Being a Woman: Discourses and Imaginaries through the Lenses of Russian Nationalist and Patriotic Organisations”
2021-05-07: Cecilia Strand, Department of Informatics and Media, Uppsala University . “Navigating visibility in contexts of state-sanctioned homophobia: Development actors and LGBTQ rights defenders in Uganda and Russia”
2021-10-22 Maria Rogg, Department of Informatics and Media, Uppsala University. Thesis Proposal Seminar “Security First: Twists of the Smart Body”
2021-11-12 Daniel Lövgren, Department of Informatics and Media, Uppsala University and Emma Christensen, Department of Arts and Communication, Roskilde University. “How do Dynamics the Place Achieve Organisationality? The Local Food Case”
2021-12-10 Ylva Ekström and Therese Monstad, Department of Informatics and Media, Uppsala University. “COVID-19 Communication for all Citizens? Learning how to communicate with citizens in contemporary society through insights from the pandemic”
For further information about the seminars, please contact Professor Michał Krzyżanowski.